Sunday, April 27, 2008

The silence before the battle

- This is the worst part, the calm before the battle

- Oh, and then the battle's not so bad?

- Oh, right. I forgot about the battle


- Futurama, War is the H-Word

I am a child of the Nineties, so I’ve been gradually desensitized starting the day I first turned on a Nintendo. This means I can no longer really by moved by anything the 6 or 8 o’clock news throws at me. I have to resort to far more drastic measures to get my emotional fix, because anything that is merely real, or actual, just does not cut it for me anymore. There is but one medium left which penetrates deep down to my core, and that is film. More specifically, I am talking about the moment in any given film where the music slowly fades out and one character, preferably played by Al Pacino, let’s us all know what’s what.



WAAAAARGH!!!

I’m off to the Cup Final

No comments: